Our Caregiver Matching Process
In the beginning, we try to find out as much as possible about the client. We also extensively interview all caregivers. It is very important that the client has a caregiver in their home, with whom they have a personal connection. NHC makes some initial recommendations, however the client and his/her family can interview the caregivers as well and make the final decision. We’re also flexible, and can switch caregivers whenever a request is made.
Our Caregiver Requirements
In order to qualify as a Caregiver with Neighborly Home Care, an individual must have the following requirements fulfilled.
- Be either a Certified Nursing Assistant or have received an equivalent form of training.
- Have passed a state criminal background check and driving record check.
- Be approved by the Department of Homeland Security to work in the U.S.
- Have passed a nurse aid skills assessment test.
- Provide multiple positive references.
- Have been tested to ensure that they are not actively carrying the tuberculosis virus.
- Have completed a multi-step interview process with NHC staff.
Our Ongoing Caregiver Support
We do many things to make hiring and keeping a caregiver a simplified process for you.
- We insure all of our caregivers with worker’s compensation insurance and our agency is fully bonded and insured.
- All caregivers are set up to receive ongoing performance reviews by NHC’s management.
- We ensure all local, state and federal taxes are withheld and paid properly.
- We use phone clock-in technology to monitor the timely arrival and departure of caregivers.
- Our leadership team communicates with clients on an ongoing basis to ensure the caregiver is meeting or exceeding the client’s expectations.