Neighborly Home Care is your trusted partner for senior home health care in Broomall, Pennsylvania. We understand the challenges seniors face and the concerns their families have. At Neighborly Home Care, we offer comprehensive services carried out by experienced professionals. Whether you need part-time care, 24-hour supervision, or scheduled check-ins, our mission is to maintain the safety, independence, and comfort of our senior clients while providing peace of mind for their families.
Broomall is a census-designated place (CDP) situated about 10 miles west of downtown Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and uses the zip code 19008. Nestled in Delaware County, this suburban community offers a blend of residential charm and convenient access to the metropolitan amenities of Philadelphia.
Local History and Landmarks
Marple Township, which includes Broomall, was established more than 330 years ago. In the late 17th century, land in the township was granted to 16 Quakers, with the first European settlers arriving from England, Wales, and Barbados. The township was initially focused on agriculture and remained rural for much of its history.
Throughout the 19th century, Marple Township was primarily agricultural, with farming practices evolving to include a mix of livestock and crop production. Sawmills, gristmills, and tanneries were long-established in the area, with other small industrial operations emerging. In the early 19th century the first houses of worship were established, including Marple Presbyterian Church in 1835, and the Union American Methodist Episcopal Church in 1838.
The township’s first post office opened in 1849, and then the Broomall Post Office was established in 1870, named in honor of Congressman John M. Broomall. This action led to the area eventually adopting the name “Broomall.”
Also during the 19th century a turnpike was set up from Philadelphia to West Chester in 1848 and then an electric trolley was established by the end of the 1890s. Marple’s first (and only) railroad station opened in the 1890s but stopped passenger service in 1908 due to competition from the trolley.
Broomall’s history as part of Marple Township is rich and diverse, involving early European settlement, agricultural development, the establishment of churches, and significant advancements in transportation. Broomall transformed from a small farming community into the vibrant and thriving residential area it is today.
In addition to the Marple Presbyterian Church, one of the oldest establishments in Broomall, the area is home to the Thomas Massey House. This historic house dates back to 1696, and serves as a museum showcasing colonial-era construction.
Notable Broomall Residents
Broomall has been home to a few notable people, including actor Mark Arnold, known from the soap opera “Santa Barbara” and Danny Bonaduce, a radio radio/television personality, comedian, and former child actor who played on “the Partridge Family.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Senior Home Health Care in Broomall
We get many questions from families seeking quality senior health care for their loved ones in the Broomall area. Below are just a few. You can find more on our FAQ page.
What is the difference between live-in care, 24/7 care and hourly care?
- Live-in care service: an individual comes to the home and stays with your senior loved one. While there to assist you, they eat, sleep, and are a guest in your home. Live-in caregivers require a place to sleep, the proper time necessary to sleep, and a bathroom that they can use.
- 24/7 care: Service for seniors who require close supervision at all times. This service is billed hourly. 24/7 care is different from live-in care because three caregivers work in shifts to ensure the individual in need always has the proper supervision.
- Hourly care: For people who require intermittent assistance, hourly service is available anywhere from 2 to 24 hours a day.
Will There be a Written Plan of Care Outlining the Caregiver’s Duties?
Yes we do develop a written service plan. A qualified Neighborly Home Care manager will complete an individualized and detailed care plan for all cases mandated by local licensing regulations. You, a Neighborly Home care staffing coordinator, and all assigned caregivers will review the plan.
How Does Neighborly Home Care Hire Caregivers?
All of our caregivers complete a thorough interview process that includes review of:
- previous work experience
- years of caregiving
- medical or healthcare experience
- past work references
- license requirements
- verification to determine their eligibility to work in the U.S.
- required vaccinations and other medical checks
- national criminal background check
- Neighborly Home Care’s own HHA test, along with a skills assessment and company policy and procedure orientation.
And since all Neighborly Home Care caregivers are our employees, they are licensed and covered by NHC’s worker’s compensation and liability insurance.
Home Help Services
At Neighborly Home Care, we pride ourselves on offering top-tier senior home health care services to the residents of Havertown, Pennsylvania. Our diligent and empathetic caregivers are committed to ensuring seniors have the necessary support to maintain their independence and well-being within their homes.
Our range of personalized home caregiving and aged care services includes:
- Senior Care – Tailored care within the familiar and comforting surroundings of the home
- Care For Disabled Adults – Specialized assistance to support and enhance the lives of adults with disabilities
- Transportation and Errand Services – Safe transportation and assistance with errands, appointments, and outings, ensuring clients can maintain an active lifestyle
- Respite Care – Short-term care that gives family caregivers the time to recharge while ensuring their loved one receives exceptional care
- In Hospital Care – Comprehensive support from surgeries, illnesses, or injuries during the recovery process, fostering a smooth healing journey
- Recovery Care – Devoted care services provided to clients during hospital stays, ensuring they feel supported and cared for
Home Health Care Service Locations
Bucks County, PA
Chester County, PA
Delaware County, PA
Montgomery County, PA
Neighborly Home Care Provides Skilled Senior Home Health Care Services in Broomall PA
At Neighborly Home Care, we recognize the importance of providing local seniors with empathetic and exceptional senior home health care in Broomall. We are committed to keeping seniors safe and comfortable in their homes, while allowing them to retain as much of their independence as possible. Interested in our Broomall senior home care services? Please contact us today. We’re here to serve you.