The New Year is upon us, and that often means fresh starts and resolutions. Based on professional experience in giving care to seniors, Neighborly Home Care has some resolution suggestions for the entire family. Each year brings new challenges, especially as we age, but with the right attitude, 2016 can be even better than the year that has passed.
Help your senior loved one make resolutions that will keep them focused on growing, staying healthy and doing things they enjoy. Remember that you also need to focus on having a positive 2016. Caregiving can be tough, especially if your senior loved one is struggling with mental or physical challenges. Resolve to take care of yourself too, and give yourself a break. You are performing a vital and loving service, whether you care for your loved one full time at your own home or you take care of them part time with professional assistance as you maintain your job and family.
Five Great New Year’s Resolutions for Aging Seniors…
- I will acknowledge I am getting older, and be willing to admit when I need help.
- I will keep enjoying and exploring hobbies and interests, because they will help keep my mind sharp and strong.
- I will keep myself as physically fit as possible, and recognize that staying active is one of the best ways of maintaining a great quality of life.
- I will remain an active participant in my health care, keeping myself informed on my conditions and the steps being taken to treat them.
- I will keep having fun, because I will find ways to keep doing the things I love.
Five Resolutions for Caregivers of Seniors…
- I will maintain a good balance between myself, my work, and my family, rather than allowing the role of caregiver to take over my life.
- I will remain patient with my elderly loved one, and recognize that one day the same things may happen to me.
- I will look for sources of emotional support, whether they are friends, family, or professional counseling services, to keep my morale up.
- I will help my elderly loved one find things to enjoy, and do what I can to ensure they have plenty of activities to keep themselves amused.
- I will remain aware that professional care services are an option, so there is help available when I need it.
And The Most Important Resolution for Everyone:
I will remain positive in the face of my challenges.
Every phase of life offers plenty of opportunities for growth, fellowship, family, and fun. Working with these changes in a positive manner will help everyone keep their spirits up, and stay focused on enjoying the years they still have together.
Senior Home Care Eases Your Burdens
Professional senior home care services, provided by highly-qualified caregivers, can be the perfect balancing point between the comforts of home and the services of a retirement facility. From occasional visits to 24/7 around-the-clock attention, senior home care can ensure a great quality of life among the elderly for years to come.
Contact NeighborlyHomeCare for a free consultation on the options available to you and your family. Our caregivers are all certified nursing assistants, or they have received equivalent training and passed a nurse aid skills assessment test. Neighborly Home Care is a leading senior home care provider in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks, Chester and Delaware County.
The families we serve keep saying great things.
I just wanted to tell you how grateful we are that Neighborly Home Care stepped in & took over taking care of my Dad when we really needed it, no questions asked. Our caregiver has become part of the family and we know we can depend on her being there every day & taking great care of my Dad. He misses her when she’s not there!