What Services Does Disability Care Cover?
The types of services a caregiver provides depend entirely on the disability and the situation. As such, caregivers offer a wide range of non-medical care and support services for those with disabilities. Some of the services covered by disability care include:
- Mobility and Transportation: Assistance with moving around the home, transferring, and providing transportation for appointments and errands.
- Personal Hygiene: Support with bathing, grooming, and maintaining personal cleanliness.
- Light Housekeeping and Daily Chores: Help maintain a clean and comfortable living environment.
- Meal Planning and Preparation: Assistance with planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals.
- Running Errands: Support with grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, and other necessary tasks.
- Monitoring and Accompaniment Outside the Home: Supervising and companionship during outings and social engagements.
In addition to the variety of services, the quantity of these services also depends on the disability. Some people only need routine or part-time care, while others need long term care services, or even 24-hour, in-home care.
Neighborly Home Care Assists People with Disabilities
Disability care is essential to caregiving, providing tailored support and assistance to individuals with disabilities. By understanding the different types of disabilities and the services available, you can ensure that your loved ones receive the care they need to maintain their independence and quality of life.
Caring for an adult with a disability presents real challenges. If you have a loved one who has a disability and would benefit from disability services, Neighborly Home Care can assist with professional in-home care services.
We have been providing home health care services in Pennsylvania for years. We provide disability care, senior home care, hospital recovery care, and more. Our experienced, passionate caregivers can provide your loved ones with the proper care to live a full life. Contact us to learn more.